Monday 13 June 2016

Taking artist research further

After looking at Turner, along with other influential artists, I began work on a small series that could become a part of the final installation space, regarding it suits the atmosphere and theme.
I do feel that Turner is encompassing the feelings I wish to convey in my final installation, looking at location for inspiration but working with emotion. It is funny how different some of the small paintings appear because they were painted when I was in varying states, either calm, as I was when producing the first few, or frustration and exhaustion, which are occurring more and more as the project draws to a close.

Earliest paintings


More recent. The colours begin to get much more interesting
here. It must be the exhaustion talking!

I definitely prefer the later outcomes and it has been mentioned in peer feedback that they do portray a stronger sense of emotion. 

Alongside these paintings I have been working on a large piece that incorporates the human form. It will be interesting to begin pairing up the paintings to see how these ideas and themes come together in the final space.


No comments:

Post a Comment